[Cialug] Computer show?

kristau at kristau.net kristau at kristau.net
Mon Jun 6 13:10:51 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:49:33PM -0500, Theron Conrey wrote:
> I think that to get this done correctly we need to do a couple of things.
> The first thing that we need to do is focus strickly on the
> Installfest.

Spot on!

>    2.  Location and Setup

The Science Center would be great, but I've heard a bunch of good suggestions.  The Nevlyn(sp?) Center seems to be our old standby, so that could be our back-up.

>    3.  Marketing

Don't forget a press release.  I don't have any media contacts, but I can see if my wife does.  She used to do press releases quite often.

>    5.  Install Team

Not silly at all, quite practical.  A big part of this will likely be requesting that interested parties RSVP.  That will allow us to better guage the type of setup we need to provide.

Perhaps we should also do a mock install fest.  I've got an old crappy machine I can bring in and role-play as a clueless noob -- not a bit stretch for me ;)

> I'm not suggesting that we limit folks to one group.

Sign me up for any of the above!

Thanks,
kristau
--
"Plato the Greek or Rin-Tin-Tin, who's more famous to the billion millions?" -- The Clash