[Cialug] Slightly OT: Stupid computer problems

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Fri Jun 3 21:56:07 CDT 2005

They want the service tag on the side. If the board that you send back is
similar to another machine with an in warranty service tag they won't
notice. Half the time they don't ask for the return.

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Bailey, Jonathan C wrote:

> Does Dell check the returned part? Ex, if I was wrong, do they really care if its under warranty?
>

> Jon

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison