[Cialug] waps

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Jun 2 21:07:57 CDT 2005

Mesh networking.

Check here: 'http://www.locustworld.com/'  Not using it myself, but it is
very interesting.

I run a wireless network for a few neighbors.  I figure 1-5 Mbps is OK, the
bottleneck is still the link back to the Internet.  Even mailserver access
at those speeds kicks what some people have with their ISPs in the pants.

I have two users using the WDS feature, In my Experience, it is way to
finicky and product-specific.

-Nate