[Cialug] new to this group, and Linux

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at raccoon.com
Thu Jun 2 13:09:37 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:55:34PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> Welcome to the list.
>
> FYI, there are Linux / Free Unix groups in Ames and Cedar Falls:
> http://www.amesfug.org
> http://www.cedarlug.org

Yup.  Cedar Falls is just 66 miles from Osage, from what
mapquest tells me.  In fact, Northfield, MN, home of NorLUG
(http://www.norlug.org) is about 5 miles closer to Osage even
than Ames, again using routing as supplied by mapquest.

The plus side to Ames' meetings are that someone shows up just
about every week.  The potential downside is that what we have
in terms of frequency we make up for in a lack of formality--it
might not seem worth a two-hours' drive to sit with a handful of
folks just sort of taking a random walk through various topics.

But, fresh meat ;-) is always welcome, all the same!

--
D. Joe Anderson         http://www.etrumeus.com/~deejoe
"DRM [...] is to copyright law as a machine gun on